The British Shorthair – a noble cat! Its generous, shapely body, adorned with an incredibly dense, short coat, gives it the irresistible charm of a teddy bear. The breed is loved for its quiet, patient nature. A great hunter, the British Shorthair cat is affectionate and has a calming presence.
- Care for a big body: the strong, shapely body of the British Shorthair cat places much higher demands on its muscles and joints than those of lighter breeds
- Heart size control: British Shorthairs can suffer from a serious cardiac disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It is diagnosed through cardiac ultrasound
Royal Canin British Shorthair Adult cat food is a dry cat food exclusively adapted to the requirements of British Shorthair cats (from 12 months):
- Strengthening muscle tone and joint health: Maintains muscle mass and protects joints through an optimally balanced protein content (34%) and high contents of L-carnitine, chondroitin, glucosamine and omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA)
- Improves mouth and tooth hygiene: added calcium chelate and the unique shape, size and texture of the kibble contribute to maintaining good tooth and gum health
- Supports the cardiac function: optimally balanced contents of taurine, L-carnitine, EPA/DHA and antioxidants support the function of the cardiac muscle
- Optimised protection through L-lysine: cats’ airways are frequently attacked by herpes viruses. Supplementing food with L-lysine limits the intensity of virus transmission and lowers the severity of clinical symptoms of illnesses caused by herpes viruses
The British Shorthair cat has a tendency to bolt food without chewing. The special size and especially hard texture of these kibble encourage the cat to chew intensively and ensure that food intake is slowed down:
Feline Breed Nutrition – significant progress: in its cat food production, Royal Canin takes into account all parameters which differentiate cats from each other: age, life style, special sensitivities etc. 10 years ago, Royal Canin added a new dimension to its vision of top performance: a product line exclusively for purebred cats. Feline Breed Nutrition is the only product line world-wide especially for pedigree cats.